1955 Saint Petersburg
Bolshaya Zelenina Street 12
Chkalovskaya (Russian: Чка́ловская) is a station on the Frunzensko-Primorskaya Line of the Saint Petersburg Metro. The station was designed by Alexander Konstantinov, Alexander Bystrov and Andrey Larionov. It opened on September 15, 1997, as a Pravoberezhnaya Line station, but it was transferred to Frunzensko-Primorskaya Line on March 7, 2009. The station was named after Valery Chkalov, a famous Russian aviator. A sculpture of him, which was created by V. Sveshnikov, was erected by the station’s entrance. The station’s decoration features an aviation theme. The floor design invokes airport landing strips, while the lights look like components of the ANT-6 aircraft. The escalator lamps were designed to resemble propellers.